Grecia - Greece
aka It’s Just M (-:.
It’s Just M (-: is the creative paradise of Maria Papaefstathiou, her collection of posters and her commissioned works.
JUST M(-: because she is just a smiling positive human soul.
BUTTERFLY (logo) because she morphed in the last 9 years in her creativity and she keeps seeking for the bigger metamorphosis to come…
Maria Papaefstathiou aka It’s Just Me is a VISUAL DESIGNER and blogger. Living in Athens, Greece. She has been focusing her research on poster design and particularly on social poster design and portrait design. Her main poster project is a series of posters celebrating great personalities of traditional and popular culture in Greece and Jamaica. These include actors, singers, musicians, poets etc. This is an ongoing project.
“I believe that design is a powerful tool that we designers can use to spark enthusiasm, change mindsets and bring positive actions to our world and our culture”.
FOUNDER AND EDITOR OF GRAPHICART-NEWS.COM BLOG.
She carefully curate high-quality designs, illustrations, and art, from all over the world that will teach and provoke other designers. Many consider her blog to be an exceptional educational tool.
CO-FOUNDER OF THE INTERNATIONAL REGGAE POSTER CONTEST which was launched on December 2011, partnering, the creative activist Michael Thompson aka Freestylee. (www.reggaepostercontest.com)
Maria Papaefstathiou was awarded and invited to participate in and exhibited Internationally her posters in group exhibitions such as:
– (2012) “Posters for Japan” exhibition curated by Green+You in South Korea
– (2012 – 2017) “World A Reggae” and “The Art of Reggae” exhibitions by the International Reggae
Poster Contest in Jamaica, Athens and Thessaloniki Greece, Mexico, Washington, Spain and Cuba
– (2013) “Innovation for Education” exhibition in Turkey
– (2014) “Nelson Poster Project” in Cape Town and Johannesburg, South Africa and other international
– “Nelson Mandela Children’s Hospital” a Permanent Exhibition in Johannesburg, South Africa
– (2014) “Jazz wRuinach” in Poland at the 10th International Jazz Festival
– (2015) “ε/Design your Expression” in Greece curated by Toolkit Startup
– (2015) “W|Design for life” Breast Cancer Awareness in Greece curated by Toolkit Startup
– (2015) 1st International Poster Festival of Shenzhen Exhibition in China by Li Xu
– (2015) “Right to Decide” exhibition at AEIVA Gallery, by Posters Without borders, 2015
– (2016) “BikeArt” in Athens, Greece
– (2016 – 2017) “Women’s Rights Are Human Rights” exhibition, curated by Elizabeth Resnick and
exhibited in USA, Taiwan, Mexico, and Poland
– (2017) “BoobsArt”, curated by FactorySeeds in Belgium
– (2017) “Action / Re-action / Interaction” exhibition at BICEBÉ exhibition in Bolivia, by Posters
Without borders, 2017
– (2017) “100 posters for Crete” exhibition in Crete, Greece
– (2017) “Sing me a song” exhibition in Cyprus, by World Graphic Designers
– (2018) “Transition” exhibition by Autopsia Colectiva, Galería AP, Mexico
– (2018) “Cultural Heritage” exhibition by World Graphic Designers, Jakarta, Indonesia
– (2018) “GMO-Free=Green+You” exhibition by Green Plus You, Korea Design Center, Hall (B1) Gallery,